Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Silver Lining

The plus side of having so many things stolen is that I get to go shopping for more. Lying awake for several hours Wednesday night meant that I had no problems justifying not going to my seminar in the morning. The professor was quite understanding as well. My linguistics professor felt that I should take an entire week off but I think one day was suffecient. I was able to track down some of the homework that I lost and he is not going to make me do another set of interviews and transcribing which made me happy. Tessa treated me well with breakfast in bed and drinks throughout Thursday morning while I watched movies. It took three visits to the key cutters to get new keys made and I have to remind myself that the poor buggers at the bank, cell phone store, pharmacy, etc. are not involved and should not be suffering my wrath; I am building bridges left and right. Tessa figures I'll be a champion bridge builder by the time I get back to Canada but I pointed out that Canada is in the first world. The biggest frustration to replace is the last vial of long-acting insulin that I was on since it is a prescription medicine here. I am ghetto styling by waking up in the night to do short acting (thank God for a high metabolism that doesn't require much insulin) shots but I am looking forward to getting some replacement tomorrow. The silver lining is that on Saturday a local outdoor equipment store (Cape Storm) had a warehouse sale and I was able to pick up new climbing shoes, a chalk bag, and a jacket (number four for Cape Town) for very cheap. The Underwater Club had it's formal on Friday night so we all got dressed up and driven around town for sunset drinks on Signal Hill, fantastic dinner at Beluga with lots of wine and then out on the town. Next weekend is the Scuba Pro Dive Fest which involves lots of cheap boat dives and a great party Saturday night. I'm looking forward to getting in the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home