Monday, April 24, 2006

Malaria Medication

Very important lesson: always, always, always drink a large glass of water after taking malaria medication. I neglected this step last night and was woken up in the middle of the night with an intense burning sensation in my chest. Several hours and glasses of water later I managed to collapse into sleep again but my entire day has been spoiled by this feeling of wanting to throw up. Water, water, water... I have had several days suffering from terrible heart burn. Not pleasant! From now on I actively drink a full glass or two after taking it. I'm very glad I have been taking them because three of the staff members from the Mozambique trip who decided not to take medication have come down with malaria. Not happy times for them.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,

I've been enjoying your travels around South Africa and am so glad that you are having such a good time. You'll find it hard to come back to Canada for sure.

I've got more questions than comments and hopefully you'll have an opportunity to include them in your next article.

Have you had an opportunity to discover any SA writers? What are you reading these days?

How long are you planning on staying at the college? Are you planning on travelling before heading back home?

Take care Dan and travel well.

Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home