Friday, December 01, 2006

Useful Phrases I Have Aquired

Afrikaans: Die lewe is broos hier in Afrika maar iemand moet dit doen. The life is rough here in Africa but someone has to do it.

Norwegian: Jaevla potet; eg koker deg, eg spiser deg. Fucking potato; I cook you, I eat you.
Norskefaen! Fucking Norwegian!

Various Cheers

Here's to us.
Who's like us?
Nearkant! (Nobody)
Why?
Cause they're all dead! (Zimbabwean)

Hoe verder din, hoe nader din. (However far, however close.)
Hoe hoege din, hoe loage din. (However high, however low.)
Ek kyk hom, hy blink nie. (I see it, it doesn't sparkle.)
Ek ruik hom, hy glink nie. (I smell it, it doesn't stink.)
Wie de fok se ek mag nie hom drink nie! (Who the fuck says I can't drink it!)

Here's to you,
Here's to me.
Best of friends,
We'll always be.
And if by chance
We should part.
Well, fuck you, here's to me! (Thanks Brett)

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Brett said...

You got on of the sayings' translations wrong, jævla potet means fucking potato. But I'll build a bridge.
....and don't forget to sound as Pakistany as possible when saying it.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Brett said...

in the first sentence on = one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home