Wine Tasting And ObzFest
Having decided that we hadn't had enough wine Tessa and I headed into Stellenbosch for a couple of days of wine tasting (joined by Rebekah on the second day). Armed with the South African Dictionary of Wine by Dave Hughes we hopped from wine farm to wine farm, researching the most likely options and trying to learn the various terms for tasting. What a country to have a holiday destination being drinking and driving. The best winery by far was Post House where I ventured to the farm house to get the owner to open the winery for tasting. Surrounded by vats and barrels of wine we were giving very thorough explanations for every wine he produced (all of which were great) and came away with several bottles of quality wine. Of course, since we had researched some of the wineries before we went we ended up getting a good bottle or two at every wineyard. This causes some concern for my packing as both my bags are a few kilograms overweight and I am probably going to be breaking any number of laws with the food and wine I am bringing back. Fingers crossed... I approach my return with mixed emotions; I am excited to see family and friends, keen to go skiing, live with socialized healthcare and watch a hockey game but bleak about the great people I am leaving here, the amazing city I have lived in and the endless activities just outside the door. Only human I guess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home